Thursday, January 3, 2008

Urgent Prayer Assignment



Dear Friends in the nation,I am speaking now for my own personal perspective and not from any ministry I lead.


A year and a half ago Bobby Connor, a strong prophetic voice in the nation called me concerning an encounter with the Lord. In the encounter the Lord told him that if the church would pray the nation would be sustained in dark days by a president who would come in a brown bag and his five loaves and two fish would be more than enough. For a year and a half we have prayed for this. We thought it might have been Brownback but our application I believe was wrong. I believe the brown bag speaks of the common and humble container that the candidate would come in – not in the robes of professional politicians but in a surprising common man container. And so I was stunned when watching Fox News as they interviewed Mike Huckabee where they asked him how do you explain your sudden surge in the polls when you have had such little money and few staff in Iowa? His answer: “We have thousands of people praying, it’s the only way to understand it. It’s the miracle of the five loaves and two fish.” I believe that the churches prayers are unleashing a divine influence of kingdom promotion. I am not saying that it’s the word of the Lord, but I am taken by it.

And now just a few weeks ago Chris Berglund, my prophet friend received another dream about Mike Bickle and myself. The dream reads:

I was watching you two interact and you were forcefully or adamantly sharing with one another your conviction that you would not be as those who did not consider the miracle of the loaves (Mk 6.52). It was clear you had come into agreement to take a stand together, the disposition of your heart was one of faith. The scene changed (but this could have been a separate dream?) and now I am standing at a river bank looking into a river that just a day earlier had few fish in it. Yet, over the night the rains had come and now a day later the river was teeming with fish. As I watched the fish, one large fish seemed to be out of place in the sense of its size and its actions. This fish would come to the surface and open its mouth wide, it looked as if its whole body became a mouth. The smaller fish unaware that they were swimming right into the large fish were consumed by this large fish. I looked to those on the shore and suggested we shoot the large fish with an arrow so the other fish would no longer be in danger.......

I believe the dreams are clear. Mike and I which I believe is the prayer movement must not be those who would move in unbelief while considering this multiplication of the five loaves and two fish in this election moment. The fact is in the last 2 weeks the media and other candidates have been blasting Mike Huckabee and his polls have dropped. I believe that the big mouth is a spiritual attack on the promotion of Mike Huckabee and the people of Iowa must discern it. We are not to doubt! The arrow is a clear picture of a prayer assignment that is being given to us. For the last 3 years we have called our assignment “the arrow of the Lords victory against abortion.” We are to move into an offensive prayer and fasting stand and declare in faith that the power of the media is broken and the favor of the Lord will rule over the thoughts of men and women. In the light of this crisis and in the light of Bobby Connor’s dream, IF THE CHURCH WOULD PRAY, I believe we are in an Esther Moment and I would strongly encourage believers across the nation to enter into a 3-day Esther fast on January 1st-3rd for the pulling down of any Hamans and the raising up of God’s Mordecai who will break the death decree off of the nation.

I have made a vow similar to James Dobson that I can never vote for anyone that is not pro-life. Psalm 94 makes it very clear, Shall a throne of iniquity that devises evil by law have fellowship with you. They gather together against the life of the righteous and they shed innocent blood. A throne of iniquity is a governmental administration that legalizes evil. We are told that we cannot have fellowship with such government and I believe that voting for such thrones is having fellowship with them. Scripturally speaking the two basic foundational issues of a throne of iniquity are anti-Christ philosophies that seek to destroy Christian principles (they gather against the life of the righteous), and thrones that legalize shedding of innocent blood (abortion).

Secondly 2 Samuel 23 declares that one who rules over man must be just and must rule in the fear of God. I cannot vote for anyone whose moral life does not reveal the fear of God and who is not just. Abortion I believe is the foundational justice issue facing our nation. We are not to vote democrat or republican, we are to vote for whoever is just and carries the fear of the Lord.

I am not saying that I know that this is a clear prophetic word but I believe that Mike Huckabee lives out these two requirements as a leader and who will also resist the two foundational issues that comprise thrones of iniquity. He will stand for the righteous remnant in the nation and his top policy value is pro-life. I believe that the nation should rise up and support this man. It is so important that the churches keep crying out to God for supernatural assistance in these elections and that He would promote the humble and the righteous. Let us pray for favor on the one he has chosen to exalt before the others. Thank you for listening to my heart. I am just one voice among many but I bear on my shoulders in intercession along with you the future of our nation and the future of our children. We have 5 days to pray before the primaries. Let us not render to Caesar what God has not rendered to Caesar. Prayer can shape history.

I am bearing Iowa on my heart deeply. I have been in days of fasting and prayer. Let us take our stand in the heavens where angels wage war over the promotion and demotion of kings. Thank you for making the Lord happy with your intercessions.

In Faith,

Lou Engle

No comments: